"Reawakening" Wall Art Competition
Calling out to all Artists of Victoria!
To celebrate the reopening of our Lord Lygon Wine Shop & Bar, and as part of our ongoing support for local artists, we're holding a competition to find the perfect piece of art to capture the topic:
We're looking for something fun and enlightening that positively captures the good fight us Victorians have put up against the recent events, making our state stronger and more united than ever. Bonus points if the essence of Lygon Street is also incorporated into the piece, but it is not essential.
Whether it is a new piece you're creating especially for this competition, or an older piece of your work that you feel deserves more love, we're keen to see it!
The winning artwork will be prominently displayed on our external wall outside Lord Lygon Wine Shop on Queensberry Street, highly visible from Lygon Street, from August 2020, for a minimum of 3 months.
The winner will also receive the below prizes, valued at $6,500:
- 7 nights' stay in one of our Neon Suites with all meals included
Stay in-House to be inspired for the week your artwork is re-created onto our wall!
- Complimentary use of Freya the Fiat to explore the local area OR complimentary car parking for one car
- 24x7 access to our Maître Z
- Yes, your dog can come with you
How To Enter
To enter, simply click "ENTER NOW" below, fill out the form and upload your digital artwork.
Competition closes on Friday 31st July 11:59pm AEST.
Terms & Conditions
- These terms and conditions are in relation to the Zagame’s House 'Reawakening' Art Competition. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The promoter is Zagame’s House, ABN 71 006 454 137, location 66 Lygon Street, Carlton Victoria, VIC 3053, Australia.
- Employees of the Zagame’s Group or other participating brands or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or over. Children under 18 years must have the permission of their parents.
- Entrants must be residents of Victoria, Australia
- Entrants must not post or deliver any support material for their entry.
- There is no entry fee to enter this competition.
- Promotion commences Thursday 18th June 2020 and closes 11:59pm AEST on Friday 31st July 2020 (Promotional period). The winner will be notified by Monday 10th August 2020 via the contact details provided in their entry.
- The promotion includes the following: 7x nights at a Zagame’s House Neon Suite for up to 2 guests and 1 dog (dog must be approved by Zagame's House Management Team based on Fur-Friendly stays T&Cs prior to stay). The stay period must coincide with the dates Zagame's House elects for the installation of the winning artwork. Stay cannot be redeemed for cash.
- There will be a $100 per day Beverage & Food credit for use by the winner (and guest, if any) as part of the prize, which cannot be used for alcohol purchases. Any Beverage & Food spending beyond this $100 limit, and any alcohol purchases, will need to be paid by the winner (and/or guest, if any).
- The promotion does not include transport to Zagame’s House, spending money, insurance, or money for any other incidentals during the guest’s stay in Melbourne.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If for any reason a winner does not redeem the prize (or an element of the prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
- Total prize pool value is up to $6,500. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash unless stipulated otherwise.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
How to Enter
- Zagame’s House is looking for a piece of art to capture the topic of "Reawakening", to be recreated / installed onto the hotel's external wall on Queensberry Street. The artwork must be positive, fun, enlightening, and non-political and non-offensive in nature.
- To enter, eligible entrants must fill out the entry form's questions and submit an artwork on https://form.jotform.com/201600698150853. The winning artwork will be selected on merit.
- Entrants can submit more than one entry.
- Copyright of the artwork remains the property of the Entrant. Entrants permit Zagame's House to reproduce their artwork by print or electronic/social media for publicity purposes, reports, catalogues and any other publications related to the Zagame's House for a period of five years from the closing date of the competition. Due attribution will be made to the artist. Entrants also consent to Zagame's House's use, reproduction and/or installation of your submitted artwork, should it be selected as the winning artwork, on the hotel building's external wall facing Queensberry Street, Carlton VIC 3053, to be displayed for a period of up to 12 months.
The Winner and General Terms
- The winner will be contacted by Zagame’s House by direct message and/or email depending on what details have been provided. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize, a replacement winner will be selected by the Zagame's House team.
- Zagame's House reserves the right not to award prizes if no suitable artworks are submitted.
- No responsibility will be taken if the winner is not available for the required stay dates and alternative dates must be selected.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- All artworks submitted must be an original creation of the entrant. By entering the competition, you consent to Zagame's House's digital usage of your submitted artwork on its social media channels to promote the competition, with credit provided by inclusion of your name as per your competition entry. You also consent to Zagame's House's use, reproduction and/or installation of your submitted artwork, should it be selected, on the hotel building's external wall facing Queensberry Street, Carlton VIC 3053, to be displayed for a period of up to 12 months.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to Zagame’s House and not to any other party or promoter included in the competition.